Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Excellence Manager, New Jersey
Home of the original Bistro Bowl® complete meal salad, Southern California-based Ready Pac Foods, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BOND.PA), has been giving people the freedom to eat healthier for nearly 50 years. As a premier producer of convenience fresh foods and fresh cut produce and with processing facilities throughout the United States, Ready Pac Foods manufactures a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevAte™ and Fresh Prep'd™ brands. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, soup kits, wrap kits, fruits, vegetables and fresh snacking options available where consumers buy groceries and in restaurant chains across North America For more information, visit www.readypac.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Manufacturing Excellence & Production Manager partners with the Plant Director and is part of the site leadership team. She/He drives and coordinates the Manufacturing Excellence program implementation at the site. Identifies, analyzes, proposes and implements continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence initiatives to optimize resource utilization such as materials, people, utilities, equipment. The Manufacturing Excellence & Production Manager works with other functional areas to drive change through the facility to deliver cost savings targets within the plant operating activities. Acts as a coach and mentor to managers, supervisors and others to establish a zero-loss manufacturing culture and build Lean Sigma skills and capabilities so everyone can identify and eliminate losses every hour, every shift and every day. The Manager is responsible for the management and leadership of Production and Plant Safety. This position directs and coordinates activities of food processing plant by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- A bachelor degree in industrial engineering degree, or related field
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Related Success Metrics:
- Overtime %
- Labor and Yield Efficiencies
- Two to five years of industrial engineering or technical experience
- Two to five years of manufacturing experience required
- Three to five years management experience
- Cost accounting experience or financial acumen is a plus
- Change Enabler
- Must have very strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- Highly self-motivated; able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of TPM, with advanced understanding of Focused Improvement Pillar
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification Preferred
- Application of Continuous Improvement Tools (Lean, Six Sigma, TPM)
- Strong PC skills, including the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Minitab
- Experience in leading teams leads in processing, storing, and shipping food product initiatives.
- Experience in approving plant payroll and payments for departmental materials or product purchases.
- Previously responsible for operational efficiencies to include yields, labor, shipping/picking efficiencies, and sanitation scores.
- Previous experience enforcing through functional groups, productivity, quality and safety requirements in accordance with company needs.
- Directly responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company operations procedures, reporting on the performance and initiating improvements for operations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading teams and facilitating meetings
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
- A passion for learning and a craving to work in a fun culture
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
Roles and Responsibilities
- Owns the development, implementation and execution of the plant's Manufacturing Excellence Program and the Continuous Improvement Playbook
- Uses six sigma and lean disciplines to drive continuous improvement projects, lead teams, coach, and mentor factory personnel.
- Partners with the entire plant team to identify and prioritize losses
- Provides technical expertise and input in resolving bottlenecks to throughput; determines efficient methods for worker and equipment utilization.
- Leads critical cost savings projects using project management tools
- Manages development and execution of the plant Productivity Deck (list of CI projects for the year)
- Report status and results of projects to stakeholders
- Develops management systems, establishes work measurement programs, and performs line workload observations to develop standards for labor and materials utilization.
- Works hand in hand with functional department representatives to create task teams and leads brainstorming to identify areas of improvement; proposes and implement continuous improvements initiatives.
- Provides analysis, input, and support for the budget process.
- Prepares and gives formal presentations to management about projects progress and direction.
- Prepares cost /benefit analyses and presents recommendations to management.
- Ensure the benefits generated by the projects are properly measured and that the impact on total costs are validated by finance
- Train and coach the plant leaders, project leaders, and others as needed on the Focused Improvement methodologies
- Builds skills and capabilities on Continuous Improvement tools such as Zero Base Analysis, Process Mapping, 5-Why Analysis, Rapid Changeover, Line Balancing, Waste Walk, Kaizen, DMAIC, etc. across all functions of the plant
- Ensures standardization of CI methods across the plant.
- Tracks and ensure sustainability of improvements
- Reports out progress of cost savings execution
- Share best practices and adopts best practices from other plants
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Ready Pac Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.