Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Inspector - Heavy Equipment
at Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you're an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions –as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We're looking for a Field Inspector-Heavy Equipment in San Francisco, California.
The Field Inspector-Heavy Equipment position requires high-level technical knowledge, organizational skills, and a willingness to travel both regionally and nationally. Field Staff Inspectors must have familiarity with class 8 trucks and trailers, and experience of construction and agricultural equipment is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to manage a heavy onsite workload with the many administrative tasks necessary to the position. As they are the face of the company, Field Staff Inspectors must always conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism.
Here is what you'll do:
- Inspect heavy equipment, Class 8 and vocational trucks, trailers, and to report the condition of major components and systems.
- Schedule inspections with storing location, consignor, or lessee.
- Complete inspection evaluation forms, including photos, video, or oil samples as necessary.
- Handle administrative tasks of the position efficiently and on time.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here's what you bring:
- Five years as a truck mechanic or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Must have a background in mechanical work with Class 8 trucks, trailers, and/or farm equipment.
- Preferred background experience in agriculture and construction.
This job will require you to:
- Maintain a valid, clean driver's license.
- Travel regionally and nationally as required.
- Overnight stays common and often required.
- Must be willing to fly or drive significant distances over the course of each week.
What we offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we've proven this throughout our 60 years in business. And we'll support you along the way. Here's how:
- Base salary incentive.
- Affordable, comprehensive medical & dental benefits.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- Safety equipment subsidy.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site, LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world's largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; MarketPlacee, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.