Rusnak Auto Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rusnak Auto Group
- Job ID
- Southern California , CA
- Regular Full-Time
- Business Unit
- Southern California
- # of Openings
This position contributes to the success of Rusnak Automotive Group (the Company) by providing an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, and maintenance of all service records.
Manage and Direct the Goals and Vision of the Service Department:
- Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them; directs and schedules the activities of all department employees; prepares and administers an annual operating budget for the service department.
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
- Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory; monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems, and surveys.
- Attends managers meetings; holds weekly department meetings; Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business; monitors social media websites
- Keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.; ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Accounts for all department documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
- Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records; initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations; informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
- Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
- Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
- Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
- Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines; establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
Maintain a productive workforce that efficiently meets the needs of the company:
- Manage, model, set tone, and guide employees in the company’s culture and service expectations (The RUSNAK Standard); develop a workforce that is highly engaged and committed to the franchise and RUSNAK organization.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise work activities of subordinates ensuring all services are consistently performed on a timely manner per franchise and company policy and guidelines.
- Evaluate and hold employees accountable for results and quality of service; provide clear performance expectations, training, coaching, and discipline in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain adequate staffing level; plan staffing needs proactively, develop budget, create accurate job descriptions, recruit in a timely manner, hire individuals well qualified for their position that embody the company values.
- Foster collaboration and ownership among staff; engage staff in planning, process improvement, strategy implementation, and as appropriate in conflict resolution, problem solving, etc.
- Develop staff and encourage professional and personal growth through hands-on training, coaching, and mentoring to meet current and future department and company needs.
Maintain an efficient and cost-effective operation:
- Manage department budget; payroll, supplies, training, staff morale incentives; audit supply, projects, vendor, and programs cost to ensure cost containment within yearly budget, ROI, and quality of service.
- Collaborate with other departments to find solutions that are in the best interest of the company; interact efficiently with team leaders, supervisors, and staff to resolve interdepartmental processes and cost containment.
- Ensure employees maintain current department procedures, policy, guidelines manuals; maintain workforce current on relevant government laws, regulations, Company guidelines and policies, and best practices.
- Manage and plan workflow and timelines effectively to ensure on-time delivery of department deliverables.
- Foster efficiency; continuously seek to improve processes, products and services; solicit and apply employee and management feedback regarding department’s quality of service; conduct regular service surveys reviews.
- Maintains information confidential; ensure that work area is secure, store and distribute personnel, client, and company information according to legal and company guidelines; do not discuss confidential information with anyone except as allowed by law and required for business purposes.
- Experience Required: A minimum of (5) years in position of Service Manager or similar positions in Automotive industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; at least 5+ retail related experience.