Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- System ID
- Purchasing & Distribution
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking a Purchasing Specialist to support our operations for Guam Department of Education Schools in Hagatna, Guam. The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for 2MIL+ in purchasing goods.
The position is also responsible for taking accurate inventory. Candidates must be knowledgeable and have excellent attention to detail.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with our vendors in California
- Interacting with five purveyors in the US
- Obtains food from suppliers with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need
- Ensuring delivery of foot to 37 different locations
- Checking inventory levels on products in the warehouse
- Ensure food is delivered to each school to support a 4-week cycle menu
- Knowledge of pertinent processes and procedures, and familiarity with policies, vendors and specified products/services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Visiting units - up to 20% to check inventory levels
- Knowledge of performing safety audits
Responsible to place orders using a purchase ordering system. Orders products and services based on established contracts. May assist corporate procurement to define contract terms. Coordinates delivery times and works to achieve the lowest costs of materials from suppliers with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need.
- Purchases materials and supplies based on established contracts with manufacturers and other suppliers.
- Coordinates Sodexo purchasing strategies to ensure that the Company is purchasing products/services at the most competitive prices and mark up structure, while accounting for the quality and service level required by the business line.
- Ensures product availability and quality based on account operator needs. Manages inventory to reduce waste.
- Assists with the resolution of product selection, distribution, pricing, cost control, receiving, and inventory control issues.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.