Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Investment Banking Associate - Equity Capital Markets (San Francisco)
at Stifel Nicolaus
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3063
Equity Capital Markets Associate (San Francisco)
Stifel is looking for an Associate to join its Equity Capital Markets (ECM) desk in San Francisco. ECM is the intermediary between investment banking, research, and sales & trading. These investment bankers provide clients and their colleagues with capital raising product expertise and is responsible for the origination and execution of equity/equity-linked offerings, including IPOs, for both public and private clients. The SF desk has a specific focus on the growth sectors including Technology, Healthcare and Consumer.
Stifel offers bankers a unique environment which combines a highly entrepreneurial platform focused on emerging growth companies with the analytical rigor and transaction experience that comes with a broad, established platform.
In addition to the broader group, this position will include direct interaction with Managing Directors throughout Stifel. Specific responsibilities may include supporting deal teams in all parts of equity origination and execution, including, IPOs, Follow-ons, Convertible Notes and Private Placements.
The role will require the analyst to focus on origination, pricing, structuring, modeling, valuation and execution of all Equity and Equity-Linked offerings.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Monitoring markets to determine indicative pricing levels for various products
· Analyzing trends in the markets, including macro-environment and new issue/secondary
· Ability to provide modeling and valuation analysis for all transactions
· Supporting deal teams on all parts of transaction execution
· Chaperoned communication with research on pricing and structuring of mandated IPOs
· Collaborating with equity sales to gather investor feedback on live transactions
· Analyzing current shareholder trends and peer ownership changes
· Managing Analysts, which includes fostering their training and development
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 2-5 years investment banking experience either in corporate finance or capital markets
- An undergraduate degree in finance or accounting
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills
- Solid work ethic and superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous project deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong ability to work in an entrepreneurial culture