Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LVN Pediatrics (Union) - Palo Alto (Full Time)
at Sutter Health
Under general supervision and within in the scope of their certification or licensure, assists providers by performing greeting and identifying patients, escorting patient to exam room, identifying purpose of visit, preparing patient for office visit such as weighing patient, taking vital signs, performing minor medical procedures and other tasks associated with patient care. The LVN delivers care within the scope of the California Nurse Practice Act and the PAMF Nursing guidelines.
- Provide individualized patient care in a friendly and compassionate manner, throughout the preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative periods of scheduled Surgery Center visit.
- Primary function may be on the Endoscopy team as an Endoscopy Technician (if trained) or the peri-op team as an admit nurse or assist the RN in phase 2 recovery, when needed.
- Performs specialized clinical procedures unique to assigned department (s).
- Performs and assists providers and mid-level providers with routine and specialized clinical procedures within the LVN scope of practice and as outlined in the department policies.
- Initiates standing orders and performs acute nursing care efficiently and effectively during emergency situation.
- Initiates and discontinues intravenous infusions.
- Provides subcutaneous injections, intramuscular and oral medications.
- Administer controlled substances according to policy and within required documentation completely and accurately.
- Administers routine procedures such as phlebotomy, lab specimen processing /testing and other duties as assigned within the scope of licensure and according to department policy and procedure.
Licensed Vocational Nurse – LVN
Basic Life Support Certification – BLS