Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Assistant - Per Diem, Day Shift
at Sutter Health
Resting on the scenic Northern California Coast, Sutter Coast Hospital first opened its doors in 1931 and has continued to evolve to meet the changing needs of the residents of Crescent City, California and Brookings-Harbor, Oregon and the surrounding areas. As a part of Sutter Health - one of the nation's leading community-based, health care networks - we are a 59-bed, not-for-profit hospital, serving a population of approximately 43,000. Our services include a 24-hour emergency department, intensive care/critical care units, surgery, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation, skilled nursing, psychiatric care, senior care, and home health services.
The Physical Therapy Assistant practices under the direction of the licensed Physical Therapist. The therapist coordinates their services through a multidisciplinary team in order to meet the patient's needs and maintain the Physical Therapists' treatment plan.
Essential Job Duties include and are not limited to:
- Provides physical therapy services as directed by the PT.
- Applies rehabilitation devices, such as: hand-rolls, slings, braces, sets up walkers, and arranges for DME.
- Establishes times and performs skilled physical therapy treatments. Maintains and documents patient restorative needs and potential.
- Provides input into team meetings and implements recommendations with staff, as directed.
- Ensures appropriate policies/procedures are followed.
- Performs accurate patient evaluations/assessments in accordance with department and JCAHO guidelines.
- When charting, uses appropriate guidelines.
- When patient achieves goals or progress has been minimal makes recommendations to the Physical Therapist.
- Notifies the Physical Therapist in a timely fashion of goal achievement in order to facilitate the discharge plan.
- Documentation is accurate and consistent with regulatory guidelines and agency expectations.
- Accepts direction, suggestions and guidance in order to complete the treatment plan.
- Day to day, uses problem solving skills to facilitate the completion of the treatment plan.
- Recognizes and follows practice laws of physical therapy by practicing within their ability level and scope of practice.
- Demonstrates creativity and independent thinking while remaining within the guidance of the PT and developed plan of care.
- Organizes time to account for workload, priorities, meetings, or emergencies.
- Presents a positive and professional image.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions in a positive and professional manner.
- Accepts constructive feedback in a positive manner as evidenced by positive resolution of issue/concern.
- Keeps updated of changes in the profession and evidenced through review of Education Log and patient/physician satisfaction with services.
- Participates in or provides in-services and training within and outside the department when requested with positive input obtained from evaluation forms.
- Exhibits a willingness to try new operational procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of financial resources.
- Identifies and informs Manager of safety issues 100 % of the time.
- Supports department coverage through flexible scheduling 100% of the time.
- Documents changes in patient status and notifies appropriate disciplines within multi-disciplinary team.
- Anticipates problems and arrives at workable alternatives as evidenced through positive outcomes for each issue/concern.
- Demonstrates safe body mechanics for self and patients.
- Maintains patient confidentiality 100% of the time.
- Reports unsafe conditions and incidents as they occur and fills out proper forms.
- Maintains department productivity requirement or accepts low census.
Education / Certification / Registration / Licensure
- Associate's Degree.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Assistant Program required
- Current CA & OR state licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant License required. Will consider license applicant.
- Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR required
- Valid Driver's License and Auto Insurance Required
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Requires critical thinking, complex problem solving, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in demanding environment, balance multiple priorities and take appropriate actions.
- Computer proficiency in word processing/typing, basic application and hardware functions required for applicable care setting.