Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Nurse II-Women and Infant Services-Per Diem
at Sutter Health
The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor & Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000 people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
- Assesses patients, identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or abnormal assessments, anticipates changes in patient's condition and appropriately reports and resolves.
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment. Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to develop and revise the plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care in compliance with Standards of Care and Standards of Practice.
- Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care and treatments within their age specific categories.
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and other health care providers. Participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences as needed.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their own interest and intervenes as an advocate when they are unable to do so.
- Reassesses and evaluates patient response to care and takes appropriate action to assure patient's needs are being met.
- Participates with patient/family and other members of the healthcare team in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Substantiates patient care provided with appropriate documentation.
- Promotes collaborative/caring relationships.
- Acts as a resource to team members.
- Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the person's job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to hospital, departmental policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources and participates in identification and implementation of cost saving strategies.
- Demonstrates commitment to hospital's mission, values and goals.
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at least one activity/project, to help the department/hospital improve quality, cost effectiveness or customer/patient service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment for continuous learning.
- Participates in the annual performance review process by identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and department communications and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and participates in research or performance improvement activities.
- Attends and participates in department staff meetings.
- Six-month recent professional nursing experience
- Registered Nurse - Sate Licensure - RN Required
- Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
- Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the populations served in the department. Demonstrates appropriate communication and patient education skills for the patient population served.
- Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Disaster) as required by department and organizational standards.
The following additional certifications must be completed within 60 days of hire and maintained.
PALS OR ENP
OUTPATIENT CHANATE (LSA)