The San Francisco Symphony
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager, Repeat Performance (Part-Time)
at The San Francisco Symphony
This part-time position reports directly to the Repeat Performance Manager and interacts with the Repeat Performance Volunteer Chairman.
The functions of this position include:
- Assist the volunteers and staff in the management of Repeat Performance, the San Francisco Symphony’s resale shop located at 2436 Fillmore Street, San Francisco. Store hours are 10:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Research selected merchandise/maintain eBay sales for Repeat Performance (additional hours as needed)
- Train and supervise volunteer personnel.
- Implement Repeat Performance policies and procedures.
- Ensure a pleasant atmosphere for the general public and volunteers.
- Supervise and assist work of the volunteers in receiving, pricing, acknowledging donations, stocking and storing merchandise.
- Provide an Assistant Manager’s weekly report to the Repeat Manager.
- Maintain appearance and general upkeep of Repeat Performance.
- Arrange for stock to be presented in appealing fashion. Set up racks, sales tables as merchandise collects. Assist in collecting curbside donations.
- Fill in for volunteers as needed.
- In collaboration with Manager and Repeat Performance Chairman, review planning of goals for the shop and update procedures as needed.
- Assist in changing window displays.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and acknowledgement on donations.
- Prepare deposits and reconciliation for Symphony Accounting Office.
- Act as public relations representative for the San Francisco Symphony during shop hours.
- Interpret and monitor Repeat Performance policy to customers and volunteers. Handle customer requests and / or problems with consideration.
- Assist in maintaining relationships with the Fillmore Street Merchants Association.
Retail experience required. Must be able to work the days and times listed above. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, and with a wide range of people including customers, volunteers, and staff. Strong organizational skills. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. Positive attitude and sense of humor a plus. Creativity and attention to detail is essential. Must be a self-starter. No health benefits are associated with this position.
To apply, please visit our website at www.sfsymphony.org. Under the About Us tab, go to the Careers and Auditions page and click on “Jobs at the SF Symphony.” Search for this job and click on “Apply for this Position” to submit your resume, cover letter, and application.
The San Francisco Symphony, under Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas, is one of the country’s leading orchestras. Over 220 concerts each year reach an audience of more than 450,000, while national and international broadcasts, heard on more than 215 radio stations around the world, reach millions more. The Symphony has its own recording label, SFS Media, and its recordings have won some of the world’s highest honors. Its multimedia initiative, Keeping Score, has reached millions with television and radio broadcasts, DVDs, and an interactive website. The Orchestra tours extensively throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States, and its outstanding artistic reputation enables it to attract the world’s finest guest artists and conductors to Davies Symphony Hall. More than 70,000 young people are served each year by the Symphony’s numerous education programs, including its internationally renowned Youth Orchestra and Adventures in Music (AIM), which reaches every 1st through 5th grader in San Francisco’s public schools. The organization is led by President Sakurako Fisher and Executive Director Mark Hanson.
The San Francisco Symphony’s mission is to set the highest possible standard for excellence in musical performance at home and around the world; enrich, serve, and shape cultural life throughout the spectrum of Bay Area communities; and maintain financial stability and gain public recognition as a means of ensuring its ability to fulfill its mission.
The San Francisco Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.