The San Francisco Symphony
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The San Francisco Symphony
The Marketing Coordinator will provide ongoing support in all areas of the marketing department for the San Francisco Symphony. The Coordinator supports the development and execution of marketing campaigns through promotions, media partnerships, events, college student campaigns, and other activities. Working with an 8-member Marketing team, this position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager and works collaboratively with them across multiple departments including Creative Services, Box Office/Patron Services, PR/Communications, Operations, Volunteer Council, and Development divisions.
SALES CAMPAIGN EXECUTION AND REPORTING
- Assist with preparation of marketing decks, recaps, and reporting on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate closely with Creative Services Project Manager to communicate campaign strategy and route advertising buys
- Organize, monitor, and track all discounted, promotional and comp ticket sales through various channels; investigate new outlets to increase ticket sales
- Prepare strategic creative briefs, generate and distribute sales reports, and ROI analysis
- Basic CRM knowledge to assist in audience segmentation for promotional emails and direct mail
- Gather key metrics to track email and display ad performance
OUTREACH AND EVENT PLANNING
- Research and develop marketing partnerships to explore new ideas and events that foster sales and grow new audiences
- Coordinate, execute, and attend special promotional events including receptions and other on and off-site events such as free concerts, outdoor concerts, and tabling activities
- Coordinate distribution of promotional materials in support of all San Francisco Symphony marketing activities
- Proofread all marketing materials
- Regularly attend San Francisco Symphony concerts and events as necessary
- Process invoices and aid in budget reconciliation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Advertising, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years related experience in B to C marketing, promotions or trade shows
- Dedicated to and passionate about the arts. Knowledge of orchestra music is a plus
- Superior capability managing details spanning multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrated grace under pressure and ability to be flexible
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with cross-departmental members of Symphony organization
- Should have an interest, knowledge and passion for marketing, social media, and digital advertising
- Basic understanding of CRM and web analytics data
- Experience with MS Office and/or databases, specifically Tessitura, a plus
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and time-management skills – able to frequently re-prioritize, evolve techniques and solutions as needed in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Sense of humor, positive can-do attitude are desirable assets
- Able to work occasional overtime, nights and weekends as needed
To apply, please visit our website at www.sfsymphony.org. Under the About Us tab, go to the Careers and Auditions page and click on “View jobs at the SF Symphony.” Search for this job and click on “Apply for this Position” to submit your resume, cover letter, and application.
The San Francisco Symphony, under Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas, is one of the country’s leading orchestras. Some 220 concerts each year reach an audience of more than 600,000, while national and international broadcasts, heard on more than 215 radio stations, reach millions more. The Symphony has its own recording label, SFS Media, and its recordings have won some of the world’s highest honors. Its multimedia initiative, Keeping Score, has reached over six million people with television and radio broadcasts, DVDs, and an interactive website. The Orchestra tours extensively throughout Europe, Asia, and the United States, and its outstanding artistic reputation enables it to attract the world’s finest guest artists and conductors to Davies Symphony Hall. More than 70,000 young people are served each year by the Symphony’s numerous education programs, including its internationally renowned Youth Orchestra and Adventures in Music (AIM), which reaches every 1st through 5th grader in San Francisco’s public schools. The organization is led by President Sakurako Fisher and Chief Executive Officer Mark C. Hanson.
The San Francisco Symphony’s mission is to set the highest possible standard for excellence in musical performance at home and around the world; enrich, serve, and shape cultural life throughout the spectrum of Bay Area communities; and maintain financial stability and gain public recognition as a means of ensuring its ability to fulfill its mission.
The San Francisco Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.