Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst - Privacy
- US-CA-San Francisco
- Data Science
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Safety & Insurance team at Uber is looking for a Data Analyst to work on Privacy products. This candidate will work closely with the Privacy Product team as well as Compliance and Legal teams on Privacy related initiatives. They will provide data analytics, advice and support on all matters related to data privacy and security of our riders, drivers and eaters. We are looking for someone with a passion for data privacy and the ability to help guide Uber’s Privacy products using data analysis.
A successful candidate will have proven experience in producing reporting, dashboards, visualizing insights and expertise in data analytics. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data modeling and processing along with the creativity to invent and customize when necessary. It will involve working with data scientists and product managers hand in hand to build insightful and efficient reporting solutions. In your role, you will be a key player in a multi-functional team that delivers insights that have direct and measurable impact on reducing incident rates and promoting Safety.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You’ll Do
- Managing and delivering on complex analytical requests.
- Leading requirements gathering sessions, analyze requirements, design and develop dashboards.
- Prioritizing requests through management of team backlog.
- Building ETL pipelines while ensuring that collected data is within required quality standards.
- Supporting business users to answer complex business questions via Tableau and using ad-hoc SQL queries.
- Coordinating across cross-functional teams such as data science and engineering.
- Providing data analysis to drive proactive planning for product development
- Participating in data modeling & visualization exercises.
- Build solution driven views and dashboards in Tableau to support the Privacy team.
- Help teams who own sites tracked in Google Analytics to understand and make sense of their GA data to drive business outcomes.
What You’ll Need
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business or analytical field
- Minimum 3 years of SQL experience
- Minimum 3 years of data visualization and reporting using BI tools (Tableau/Qlik/PowerBI or similar)
- Minimum 2 years experience with building data models and ETL Pipelines for high scale data processes
- Minimum years of Python experience (experience in R a plus)
- Experience in Product Management or Data Analysis in Privacy or Security vertical a plus
- Highly detailed oriented, must display passion for analytics and data visualization
- Minimum 1 year of Google Analytics as a plus
About the Team
The Safety & Insurance Business Intelligence (BI) Team provides in-depth analysis on Safety & Insurance Products in order to make data driven decisions and enhance the safety of all people on the Uber platform.