Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Diversity Strategy & Program Management
- US-CA-San Francisco
- People & Places - People
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is hiring a Senior Manager, Diversity & Inclusion Strategy & Program Management to join its team. The Senior Manager supports the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer to implement the vision and strategy for D&I and build opportunities to integrate it into all aspects of Uber’s People and Business operations. Leading the overall D&I Strategy and Planning team, the senior manager supervises a team of Program Managers. the senior manager leads discreet initiatives to convert Uber’s strategy into sustainable and scalable solutions that result in measurable outcome for Uber. Additionally, the senior manager will also support key business groups as a senior D&I Business Partner.
As a member of the D&I leadership team, the senior manager collaborates with the Chief D&I Officer, and the broader D&I leadership team to refine strategy, create project scoping documents with program managers, manage stakeholders across the People organization and the business, design solutions, drive project timelines and fosters a collaborative and high-performance environment on the D&I team. As a Senior D&I Business Partner, the encumbant will work directly with HR Directors/HRBPs and Business leaders to advise and create customized business plans to increase the ability to attract, hire, retain, and promote a diverse workforce and build an inclusive work culture for all.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a member of the D&I leadership team.
- Supervise a team of program managers in the development of new programs and solutions to support the overall Uber Diversity & Inclusion strategy.
- Manage priorities for Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer on certain matters – ensuring the right level of visibility for issues to be resolved efficiently.
- Develop and operationalize diversity and inclusion plans that enables clients and businesses to progress on goals. Lead execution of D&I strategy for designated client portfolio.
- Partner and build strong relationships within the business and across People team, particularly HRBPs to understand business priorities and needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise through consulting and using evidence-based best practices to drive results.
- Excellent relationship manager – able to work seamlessly with all levels of employees in a variety of P&O scenarios.
- Solid communicator in written and verbal form; ability work well with executives.
- The highest level of influencing, diplomacy and discretion, in order to build and develop strong partnerships.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential / sensitive information.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to navigate complexity.
- Uber is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
What You'll Need
- The ideal candidate will have business acumen, program and project management management skills, people manager capabilities, stakeholder management capabilities, and should have experience working in a fast paced environment