Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Strategy Manager - Payments
- US-CA-San Francisco
- Product - Program Management
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Team
The Product Strategy team is focused on creating a unified product vision that will guide current and future core product lines. In this high-visibility role, you will be a key strategic partner to senior members of the executive product team. The team reports to the CPO and works closely with the CTO and tech leadership to prioritize and drive strategic initiatives, and consists of representatives from product management, analytics, and operations.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You’ll Do
- Driving vision and execution as an important member of the Payments product area leadership team
- Prioritizing key strategy initiatives based on impact through a data-driven approach
- Anticipate and proactively solve long term product challenges through a deep understanding of business and product dynamics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, marketing, finance, and business development with a focus on the payments tech area
- Champion effective decision making culture within the payments organization to foster accountability and rigorous decision-making
- Collaborate with leadership to drive strategic planning and run core operations/business cadence.
- Align functions on shared vision, OKRs, KPIs, metrics, etc.
- Partner with the leadership and their extended teams to drive the communication and execution within the organization.
- Lead short-term deep dives and cross-functional project teams to structure and execute analyses needed to develop recommendations. Lead critical projects based on emergent business needs.
- Establish and lead operating processes and tools for effectively managing the cross-functional initiatives
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of work experience at a management consulting firm, tech investment banking, product management, operations, or bizops at a technology company.
- Strong expertise in business analytics and strategy, ability to distill immense datasets to drive strategic decisions
- BA/BS/MS or other quantitative field (MBA / advanced degrees are a plus)
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Appetite to work closely with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Executive presence to regularly interface with leadership
- Superb communication and organization skills
- Familiarity working with or on product teams is a plus
- Be hands-on, data-driven, and attentive to detail
- Ability to navigate through networks and create relationships with leadership and teams alike