Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
at Ultimate Software
As a technical Software Test Engineer at Ultimate Software, you play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our products. You’ll be embedded on an agile development team where you will write code to test the code written by the developers, using both your specialized testing knowledge of multiple tools, techniques and best practices as well as your development experience. You’ll be working side by side with developers and other testers to validate application quality. In our highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to continually grow as a tester and engineer, and even help mentor other developers to learn how to test well. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software testing at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/415TR1BEzyY
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- In your team’s daily standup meeting, you provide your assessment of the prior day’s software development effort and walk a developer through it to get concerns addressed.
- When a developer is picking up a story, they call the business analysts, a UX designer, and software test engineer to explain what the story is about during the story kickoff meeting.You give input on the story with a testing perspective.
- After the story kick off meeting, you create and document test cases.
- Exercise your software development knowledge by writing test automation using the latest in novel test case frameworks.
- A developer may come to you wanting you to review their test design, and you make some really good suggestions.
- You attend a design meeting with product analysts, UX designers, and developers, and give your input from a testing perspective on how to make an application testable.
- Exploratory testing: this is when you get to let loose on the application – go crazy and try to break it!
- Work with our seasoned test leads to develop and advance in your career. We can train you to get better with our in-house training in white box and black box testing!
- Finally, before the day winds out, you demo your story to the BA, and it gets closed because you thought of every little thing!
- 2 years of Software Testing experience
- Ability to write and test code using Python or AngularJS to support either of our primary products (Knowledge of similar languages and frameworks is accepted but must be able to ramp up to Python and AngularJS easily).
- Intermediate ability to apply object-oriented programming principles
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
- Functional test automation tool experience is preferred (ex. PyTest, Karma, Jasmine, etc.)
- Have worked with a CI system is preferred (ex. TeamCity, Concourse, Jenkins, etc.)
- Selenium knowledge/familiarity is a plus
- Ability to write SQL queries is a plus
- Ability to write NoSQL queries is a plus
- Nonfunctional test automation tool experience is a plus (ex. Locust, LoadRunner, ZAP, etc.)
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- A bachelor’s degree (or foreign earned equivalent degree) in a computer or engineering field is preferred.
- Quality Assurance certifications are a plus
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.