Universal Weather and Aviation, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Garde Manger AM&PM / FT&PT
at Universal Weather and Aviation, inc
Under the direction of the Kitchen Manager/Executive Chef, the Garde Manger’s primary responsibility is to prepare salads, sauces, desserts, trays, etc. according to proper preparation methods while maintaining Air Culinaire Worldwide Standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare cold displays and work with hot cook to assemble chilled foods.
- Culinary experience preferred! We will train!!
- Must have Safe Food Handling, knife skills and kitchen safety.
- Attention to detail. Team Player. Time Efficient and organized.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Flexible schedule a must. Day and night shift needed.
- Responsible for standard food service work including sanitation.
- Ability to work in all departments of kitchen with focus on presentation.
- Dress professionally and within the guidelines of Company procedures including the company approved uniform.
- Carry company provided telephones/radios at all times when on duty out of the office and communicate with your local operation and the company call center as required or needed.
- All other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager / Executive Chef or General Manager
- High school diploma or its equivalent required, with experience in new culinary trends preferred.
- Individual must have 2 - 3 years of experience in a kitchen environment within a catering or fine dining establishment.
- Current Safe Food Handling Certificate preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take orders and follow through as well as work well with others in a team-driven, fast-paced environment is essential.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, creative, and highly motivated to assist in food preparation and presentation.
All new culinary candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Drug Test
- MVR (need reasonably clean driving record)
- Background Check
Qualifying employees will receive top benefits in our industry, which include:
- Paid Vacation
- Best in class health/dental/vision insurance
- 401k with up to 6% match
- Bonus potential
Opportunities to transfer to any of our 25 locations in the world